Harbor Shores planned to have it all: marina, condos, cottages, hotel, golf and more
Harbor Shores, a 530-acre residential, golf, recreational and waterfront community, recently announced details of its marina, hotel, condominiums and cottages development along the banks of the St. Joseph and Paw Paw Rivers in St. Joseph, Mich.
Local St. Joseph marina and real estate development firm, Edgewater Resources, has been named developer of the project. Called Harbor Village, the project is to include a 105-slip marina, 70-room boutique hotel, 48-unit hotel/condominium building, two six-story and one seven-story luxury condominium buildings containing 88 total units, and a 60-cottage development. A swimming pool and clubhouse will complement the marina area.
“The marina, hotel, condominiums and cottages will be a significant addition to the overall Harbor Shores development,” said Bob McFeeter, managing director of Harbor Shores. “Boating access to and from Lake Michigan is an important amenity for Harbor Shores, as well as residents from surrounding communities and visitors alike.”
“This development, when complete will not only create new jobs, but make it easier to attract new employers to the area that see hospitality and recreational amenities as important to choosing where to invest in new operations,” he said.
“We have been working with Edgewater Resources on the marketing concept, site designs and financing details to assure ourselves we have the right develop and development process in place’’ said McFeeter. “We have several steps we need to take in working with the local and state government agencies, but with all of the excitement over what this particular development means to the entire region, we felt it important to bring it to the public’s attention as we work with Edgewater Resources and the local and state agencies to design and build a world-class marina for the area.”
The Harbor Village is an important addition to the existing Harbor Shores development, which already includes The Golf Club at Harbor Shores, Hideaway cottages, Trailside cottages and Fairways homes. The area slated for the development sits just east of the M-63 bridge on the north bank of the St. Joseph River.
In addition, construction on the Trailside Cottage development is under way, and the first model of the Golf Villa in Champions Village has been built. The Golf Villa will serve as the temporary home of the Harbor Shores real estate sales office.
The Harbor Village project is contingent upon state and local government support.
Harbor Village details include:
• “The Harborage” marina, with 80 slips with floating docks ranging from 35 to 87 feet long. Amenities include water, electric, cable TV, and access to the hotel, swimming pool, and clubhouse. In addition, 30 transient slips will be located in the marina basin and will accommodate boats from 25 to 120 feet long.
• “The Inn,” a 70-room boutique hotel featuring an architectural design reminiscent of resort hotels found on Mackinac Island. Accommodations will range from 280 square feet standard rooms to 600 square feet one-bedroom suites. The Inn will feature two conference rooms and a lower level restaurant and lounge as well as a fitness area, day spa, gift shop, swimming pool and hot tub.
• “Harbor House,” three hotel/condominium buildings with 48 total units that will include suites which will be sold to individuals, with options to be included in the hotel rental program.
• “The Residences,” two six-story and one seven-story condominium buildings with 88 total units. The units will range from 1,400-square-foot two-bedroom condos to 3,800-square-foot three-bedroom condos with penthouse suites and lofts.
• “Cottage Homes,” planned with a variety of views. Sixty total cottages will be built, 17 of which will be on the Paw Paw River with boat slip availability. Twenty will have views overlooking the Harbor Shores golf course, and 23 will have park views to the interior of the property.
There are three phases to the marina development. Phase One includes construction of the marina and one Harbor House, and will begin this summer and be completed in spring and fall 2013. Phase Two will include construction of The Inn, scheduled to be completed by spring 2014 in time for use during the 75th Senior PGA Championship, presented by KitchenAid, which will be played at The Golf Club at Harbor Shores. Phase Three includes initial cottages that will be finished by fall 2013.
To learn more about the Harbor Shores real estate development, visit harborshoreslife.com or call the Harbor Shores Real Estate Office at (269) 932-1600.