The bling ring: Cy Fredrics Jewelers
BY CHARLIE HARRINGTON For Sun-Times Media
- Dress for Success helps women earn economic independence
- Sweet rides: Highland Park Ford Lincoln
- Your outside world is a reflection of your inside: A conversation with Alan Kossof
- Foundation promotes a clear Vision for Tomorrow
- The right lane: Avenue Fashions
- Seeing is believing: Superior Optical
- What We Wear! Fall Trend Fashion Event
- Cover up; baby, it’s getting cold outside: York Furrier
- Music to your wardrobe: Vibrato Boutique
- Chic child
- Fashion in a new light: Macy’s Passport Presents Glamorama
- SOVER project brews up new T-shirt line
- Luxury living : Inspired interiors
- Etsy, online marketplace, attracts local vendors
- Fancy pants: Baby’s got her blue jeans on
- What lies beneath: The underlying facts about women’s undergarments
- Anna Hovet is fashion’s Queen of Comfort
Cy Fredrics Jewelers of Glenview has been captivating the North Shore with outstanding customer service for 55 years. Owner Michael Lemick worked under his father, Cy, who founded the company in 1958 at its original location in downtown Skokie. Lemick honors the traditions of his father's passion for excellence. He brought together a staff that proudly represents Cy's loyal, inherited customer base that has been maintained for three generations.
Lemick's son Dustin, a member of the Cy Fredrics design team, brings true couture jewelry to life from scratch or with custom design in vintage gold, diamonds and precious stones. He earned his graduate gemologist degree, with certificates in diamonds and colored stones, from the Gemological Institute of America, and he is thrilled to bring Cy Fredrics into its third generation. Lemick's other son, Jordan, has worked in marketing and press releases, as well as assisting in the sales and design, for the last five years. He is passionate about the company.
When considering engagement, gifts, repair, restoration or custom design, opt for the loyalty, quality and innovation of Cy Fredrics's jewelry. With an in-house team of gemologists, designers and expert jewelers, the professionals at Cy Fredrics are the masters in fine quality and sophistication. They are widely known not only as a company that sells fine pieces but also as having the exceptional ability to repair many types of jewelry.
Kendall Nicole, an exclusive line to Cy Fredrics, is designed by Lemick's niece who is also a certified gemologist. The Kendall Nicole line is one-of-a-kind fine jewelry.
"She has a real passion for designing and has been a natural designer since birth," Lemick said.
With her appreciation for detail and forward design sense, Kendall Nicole leaves literally no stone unturned. You will be easily impressed by the added sparkle and mystique of hidden pave diamonds underneath some of the main stones.
Lemick and his team enjoy staying current with their loyal customer base by participating as a sponsor of the annual Fall Trend Fashion Event - to be held on Thursday, Oct. 10 - that highlights the most reputable designers and shops in the North Shore for the benefit of designated charities.
CY FREDRICS IS LOCATED AT 2719 PFINGSTEN ROAD IN GLENVIEW. CALL (847) 564-8828. VISIT WWW.CYFREDRICS.COM.
BY CHARLIE HARRINGTON
PHOTOGRAPHY BY CHAD MATTHEWS