Seeing is believing: Superior Optical
BY CHARLIE HARRINGTON For Sun-Times Media
- The right lane: Avenue Fashions
- Your outside world is a reflection of your inside: A conversation with Alan Kossof
- Foundation promotes a clear Vision for Tomorrow
- Dress for Success helps women earn economic independence
- Sweet rides: Highland Park Ford Lincoln
- Chic child
- The bling ring: Cy Fredrics Jewelers
- Fashion in a new light: Macy’s Passport Presents Glamorama
- SOVER project brews up new T-shirt line
- Luxury living : Inspired interiors
- Etsy, online marketplace, attracts local vendors
- Fancy pants: Baby’s got her blue jeans on
- What lies beneath: The underlying facts about women’s undergarments
- Anna Hovet is fashion’s Queen of Comfort
- What We Wear! Fall Trend Fashion Event
- Cover up; baby, it’s getting cold outside: York Furrier
- Music to your wardrobe: Vibrato Boutique
Tradition has been alive at Superior Optical for more than 50 years. At the current location in Glenview, the eyewear company has been successfully satisfying the North Shores optical needs for more than 35 years. Its motivation is all about contributing superior quality, price, service and selection with a reputation that backs up its name.
Owner Randy Kramer keeps his father's traditions alive by offering the best quality, best price and best service.
"It's all about customer service and repeat customers," he said. "We never want a customer to leave unhappy."
Generations of customers stay loyal to Kramer and Superior Optical because of the connections he makes with them and their families. Kramer loves to talk and have a laugh with his customers when he sees them around town.
Step into Superior Optical's stunning 3,500-square-foot showroom facility equipped with its own onsite state-of-the-art lab. Meet its top-notch staff of professionals and highly qualified opticians ready to solve your optical needs. Experience fine eyewear collections from all over the world tailored to the individuals. Superior Optical has a unique selection, including children's, task-specific, sport and recreational eyewear. Same-day or one-hour-emergency service is also available.
Kramer attributes the success of Superior Optical to the loyal employees who share the same passion for customer service and quality that he and his father have stood for since the day they opened the doors. Kramer and his dedicated staff of 10 employees have kept customers coming back with their unique sense of style and knowledge of prescription eyewear. The staff will help you choose the perfect eyewear and sun wear to fit your lifestyle.
Kramer prefers an edgy look; he is known for wearing dark frames. He likes to encourage customers to try new styles that offer a wide range of prescription and designer optical fashions. High-performance eyewear and trustworthy brands such as Maui Jim and Oliver Peoples are among his customers' favorites.
With fall and winter approaching, he forecasts bolder, thicker frames in dark colors and lipstick red, such as the Chanel red frames. Chanel eyewear represents the finest in fashion-forward designs and outstanding quality. Superior Optical has extensive collection available for your selection.
See more of what Superior Optical has to offer this fall. Stop in to meet the team, and attend the Fall Trend Fashion Event on Thursday, Oct. 10. Superior Optical is a proud sponsor.
SUPERIOR OPTICAL IS LOCATED AT 2723 PFINGSTEN ROAD IN GLENVIEW. CALL (847) 564-3838. VISIT WWW.SUPERIOROPTICALEYEWEAR.COM.
BY CHARLIE HARRINGTON
PHOTOGRAPHY BY CHAD MATTHEWS